I somehow ended up with twice as much shrimp than I wanted this week. So when your Instacart shopper gives you more shrimp, what do you do? Make Szechuan Spicy Salt and Pepper Garlic Shrimp! I asked Reach what I should make and he said spicy salt shrimp. But when going over the recipe, I decided to switch up the regular ol’ peppercorns for Szechuan because they are obviously the more superior peppercorn.
Please see below for the recipe (Thank you, Reach!) and let me know if you end up making it yourself! Be prepared to eat the whole thing in one sitting.
- 1 tablespoon Szechuan peppercorns
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of white pepper
- 1 cup corn starch
- 16 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Green onions for garnish
- Dry toast the sea salt over medium heat. Stir every now and then until the salt turns yellow.
- Fry the Szechuan peppercorns until they brown.
- Separate the oil and peppercorns by pouring into a bowl with a paper towel on top. Set aside.
- Cook the garlic in oil until slightly brown, but not too brown or it will be bitter. Set aside.
- Season the corn starch with a healthy pinch of corn starch. Dredge each shrimp with the corn starch mixture before frying in oil.
- While the shrimp is cooking, blend the Szechuan peppercorns, salt, and garlic in a spice blender.
- When the shrimp is fully cooked, mix the blended spices in to taste. I probably used 80% of my mixture.
- Top with chopped green onions and eat!
3 Comments Add yours
Thanks for the marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you
might be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark
your blog and may come back later in life. I want to encourage yourself to continue your great posts, have a nice afternoon!
Simply desire to say your article is as astonishing.
The clarity to your post is just great and that i could
think you are an expert on this subject. Well along with your permission allow me to grab your feed to stay updated with coming near near post.
Thank you 1,000,000 and please carry on the gratifying work.