One reason I may never become vegan is my love for fish sauce (but if you have a rec for a bomb vegan fish sauce lmk!).
I use it in a lot of different ways: spring rolls, noodle bowls, adding it in fried rice, etc. But one of my most favorite ways to enjoy fish sauce is on chicken wings! I made some pretty bomb fish sauce wings the other night which are inspired by the ones at Pok Pok! If you know me, this is one of my top most favorite foods and I ALWAYS stop by when I’m in Portland!
For this recipe, I used Mama Leigh’s fish sauce. If you want to stock up on some for yourself, use code DANDY to buy 4 bottles and get the 5th free on MamaLeigh.com.
- 1/4 cup Mama Leigh’s fish sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 crushed garlic
- 4 minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken wings
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- Chopped green onions for garnish
- Whisk together the fish sauce, sugar, crushed garlic, and minced garlic.
- Mix in the chicken wings and let marinate in the fridge for 3 hours, stirring the wings occasionally.
- Once the wings are ready, pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Coat each wing in corn starch. Fry the wings until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels and transfer to a bowl.
- Make sure to do this step after you’re done frying! Simmer the marinade over high heat until syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Toss the marinade with the wings then top with chopped green onions and serve immediately.