I still can’t believe we’ve been in quarantine for almost three months… that’s a quarter of our year spent at home! To be honest though, it has really got my creative juices flowing in the kitchen. Pre-quarantine, I was always running around to different restaurants and events. I hardly had time to cook or I always had a bunch of leftovers haha.
One of my all time favorite instant noodles are Mike’s Mighty Good, which you may have seen in my holiday gift guide last year. Especially with instant noodles, I try to be super creative with it. I’m not sure of how I thought of the idea but I decided on making ramen donuts! I’ve seen a few recipes online, but they were mostly sweet. I actually don’t have much of a sweet tooth and would prefer savory donuts anyways haha. I recently learned how to make tamago and decided to use that with the noodles to hopefully help mold the noodles into the shape. I was so surprised with how they turned out and how easy it was! Check out my recipe below:
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp Mirin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 2 packets of Mike’s Mighty Good Ramen, any flavor (I used Vegetarian Miso)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Following the instructions on the ramen packet, boil water and cook the noodles for 5 minutes. Drain the noodles and set aside. Do not throw away the oil and seasoning packets!
- Mix the water, sugar, Mirin, salt, and rice vinegar in a bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the eggs and mix very well.
- Now add the oil and seasoning packets.
- Spray a donut pan with non-stick spray.
- Shape the noodles into the donut pan then pour the egg mixture into each mold, but only fill each mold halfway.
- Place the donut mold into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let cool when you take them out and add whatever toppings you like! I kept it simple with furikake and cilantro.
Let me know if you try making these! They are so good and easy to make. Make sure you tag me in your creations and you can also use code DANDY 15% off Mike’s Mighty Good!